13.2.11

judy's vintage fair



Today I spent the afternoon with my friend Holly at the vintage fair being run in our student's union.

The fair is based around affordable vintage, so as students it was right up our street. The place was jam-packed full of stalls and rails of clothing, jewellery and accessories from every era.

Being beyond poor at the moment, I managed to resist my urges and come back empty handed, but it was still lovely to be around all the lovely clothing.

They'd also set up a tea area, so after wandering around we chilled out with these gorgeous cupcakes, which were probably the sweetest things I've ever eaten in my life. There was no way I could handle more than one..

They set up these fairs all around the UK, so if you'd like a piece of the action, head over to www.vintagefair.co.uk or their blog; www.theaffordablevintagefair.blogspot.com.


over and out.


follow me on bloglovin' and fashiolista


14 comments:

  1. This is just awesome. I wish there were more vintage and thrift stores in Slovenia. There is like 2 or 3, I think. And many people are disgusted by the thought of wearing something old and worn before.
    And the most frequent comment when I talk to someone aboute vintage clothing is: "Err, I thought you were into fashion, not old, dirty, second hand, ugly stuff." So annoying! :(
    Next time I go to UK, I'm not gonna spend all the time in Topshop, I'm gonna find some vintage stores, yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to London there are vintage shops everywhere, especially Brick Lane, although it can be a bit pricey.

    The trick is to go for the sweet-smelling stuff. Or bags.. bags can't smell, so get yourself an awesome vintage bag and rub it your friends faces.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing, I'm going to one in London in a couple of weeks! Super excited!

    N. xox
    www.non-optional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I wish I'd be there, i love everything about vintage :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to one of these a couple of weeks ago and am going to the upcoming one in London!

    Truly 'affordable' - and yet still nice - vintage is such a rarity.

    www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your post and your blog.))*

    ReplyDelete
  7. i blogged about how I MISSED this today :(
    i heard it was really good and plenty bargains to be found..

    im guessing you go to DMU- then?
    i study in leicester aswell- Leicester Uni

    great blog :)

    www.lollihearts.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos!! :)

    Following you now thru bloglovin! Check my blog out once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love vintage clothing, it's great that there's a fair because the prices can be a little steep most of the time.
    Have a great one! x http://xnta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah whaaa!! Wish there was some things like this near me!

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooohhh... that jewelry table is talking dirty to me. In a good, very Valentinesy way...

    http://idlefascination.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. all the pictures looks so amazing *_* i love vintagy stuff!!! :D but here in germany is only one vintage shop and it's in berlin -.-

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally forgot about the fair, was in Primark instead that day, could have saved much more money going to the fair. By the way I go DMU as well..x

    http://followmein5inchheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete